The EPCGI 2017 – Portuguese Meeting of Computer Graphics and Interaction, the annual national meeting of the scientific area of Computer Graphics and Interaction, promoted by the GPCG – Eurographics Portuguese Chapter, which is organized this year by the Computer Graphics Center (CCG) with the support of the University of Minho.
The EPCGI 2017 aims to bring together researchers, teachers and professionals who work in Computer Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction, Image Processing or Computer Vision, allowing the dissemination of work done or in progress, the exchange of experiences and a forum for discussion of Issues related to the applications of these areas. This meeting will promote a Scientific Program, which includes presentations of long and short articles, invited plenary presentations and poster session.
Authors are invited to submit original articles reporting scientific papers, realized experiments or applications. Long articles should not exceed eight pages and short articles four pages. The poster submission will consist of a text, in the same format as the articles, with a maximum of 2 pages to be included in the minutes. The official language of the Meeting is Portuguese, including in the minutes, although English submissions are also accepted.
Articles should be formatted according to the instructions available on the conference website at http://www.gpcg.pt/epcgi2017/submissaoArtigos.html and should not present any information that identifies its authors (double blind review). References to papers by the same authors should be indicated as [BFRP].
The submission can only be done electronically, especially in PDF format, through the system itself accessible at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=epcgi2017. Long articles written in Portuguese should also include the title and abstract in English so that they can be submitted for archiving and indexing on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library platform.
The minutes of the Meeting will be published in a book of minutes with ISBN. Similar to the previous edition (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=7835784) the procedures necessary for the provision of long articles in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library are being developed.
Authors of high quality articles will be selected and invited to submit versions of the articles to the following publications:
- Computers & Graphics (http://www.journals.elsevier.com/computers-and-graphics)
- International Journal of Creative Interfaces & Computer Graphics – IJCICG (http://www.igi-global.com/IJCICG)
- Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization (http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tciv20/current)
Note: the articles selected may be subject to a proper review process of the respective publications and must be written in English.
During the event will be awarded the prizes of better communication and better communication of young researcher.
It is therefore with great pleasure that we invite you to submit contributions to the EPCGI’17 and to be present at the event, taking place at the facilities of the Computer Graphics Center, in Guimarães, on October 12 and 13, 2017.
The works to be submitted should be framed in the following topics or related:
- Autonomous and Intelligent Agents in Virtual Environments
- GPU Computer Graphics
- Computer Animation
- Creativity and Digital Art
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing
- Computer Graphics and Interaction in Education
- Computer Games
- Multimedia and Hypermedia
- Computer Graphics Algorithms
- Image Processing and Analysis
- Virtual Reality, Mixed and Augmented
- Presence, Involvement and Immersion
- Simulation and Animation
- Computer Vision and 3D Reconstruction
- Scientific and Information Visualization
- User-Centered Design
- Intelligent and Adaptive Interfaces
- Multimodal and Multisensory Interfaces
- Cooperative Work
- Interaction Evaluation
- Social and Organizational Aspects
- Tangible Interfaces
- Cognitive Psychology in Interaction
- Usability and User Experience
Submission of articles: June 3, 2017 June 14, 2017
Notification to authors: July 19, 2017
Final Versions: July 28, 2017
Conference date: October 12 and 13, 2017